Addi Grace

Addi Grace
19 mos

Sunday, October 4, 2009

For those of you who didn't know, my mom has Parkinsons Disease. She recently fell and tore her achilies tendon. On Friday she found out that she is having surgery on Wed. Pretty bad timing considering she is babysitting Addi when I go back to work which is in just a week! After her surgery she will be in a cast and they said crutches, but with her parkinsons we don't think she will be able to use those so more than likely she will be in a wheelchair for anywhere from 6-10 weeks! When I heard this news I broke down....the stress of her going through this and also knowing that she isn't going to be able to handle Addi from a wheelchair. So...after a couple of hours of crying and totally stressing I guess we have a plan for the next 1 weeks. First of all, tomorrow I'm going to see about getting one more week off work so that I can help mom at the house. That would be spectacular if I can do that. When I do go back, my aunt will have Addi on Mondays and Tuesdays, Joes sister Heather will have her on Wednesdays, Joes mom will have her Thursdays and my sister will have her Fridays...Ugh, poor baby won't be able to get used to anyone. At least 2 of the days she will get to be at our house. I'm pretty stressed about going back to work. I can't wait to see all my students, but on the other hand I dread not seeing Addi all day long. I don't want to miss her rolling over or her giggles or even her poopie explosions. Everone always said it was inexplainable how much you love your own child, but I realize that they are right and you really don't understand that until you have your own! I love being a mommy more than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment


MY BOPPY...Don't touch!